Finicky is an OS X application that allows you to set up rules that decide which browser is opened for every link that would open the default browser. Open Facebook or Reddit in one browser, and Trello or LinkedIn in another. Or Spotify links in the Spotify client. Or whatever url in whatever app.
- Url rewriting
- Opening links in background
- Opening links in the currently activate browser
- Resolving short urls before running them through handlers
- Download the latest release, unzip and drop Finicky.app in your application folder. Or, if you have homebrew-cask set up, install with
brew cask install finicky.
- Create a file called
.finicky.jsin your home directory and set up a default browser and some url handlers.
- Start finicky. Please allow it to be set as the default browser.
- And you're done. All http and https links clicked that would have opened a link in your default browser are now first handled by Finicky.